Government Service Help Forms

If you are not sure what specific help you require or need additional assistance please contact one of our offices directly.


40 Inglis Place
Truro, Nova Scotia
B2N 4B4

Telephone: 902-895-2863


35 Church Street
Amherst, Nova Scotia
B4H 3A5

Telephone: 902-667-8679

Canada Pension Plan

The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement pension is a monthly, taxable benefit that replaces part of your income when you retire. If you qualify, you’ll receive the CPP retirement pension for the rest of your life. To qualify you must:

  • be at least 60 years old
  • have made at least one valid contribution to the CPP

Valid contributions can be either from work you did in Canada, or as the result of receiving credits from a former spouse or former common-law partner at the end of the relationship.

CPP payments are not automatic. You must apply. You should apply in advance of when you want your pension to start.

Click HERE to review the steps and begin your application

Old Age Security ( OAS)

The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is a monthly payment you can get if you are 65 and older. In some cases, Service Canada will be able to automatically enroll you for the OAS pension. In other cases, you will have to apply for the Old Age Security pension. Service Canada will inform you if you have been automatically enrolled.

In most cases, you do not have to apply to get this benefit. You may have to apply for the Old Age Security if the government does not have enough information to enroll you automatically.

Click HERE to review the steps and begin your application

Canadian passports and other travel documents

Click HERE to review the applications for Passports for those applying within Canada

Canada Revenue Agency

The Canada Revenue Agency is the revenue service of the Canadian federal government, and most provincial and territorial governments. The CRA collects taxes, administers tax law and policy, and delivers benefit programs and tax credits

Click HERE to head to their website for more information on tax, benefits, and related programs

Update your CRA information HERE

Employment Insurance (EI)

The Employment Insurance (EI) program provides temporary income support to unemployed workers while they look for employment or to upgrade their skills. The EI program also provides special benefits to workers who take time off work due to specific life events:

  • illness
  • pregnancy
  • caring for a newborn or newly adopted child
  • caring for a critically ill or injured person
  • caring for a family member who is seriously ill with a significant risk of death

Workers receive EI benefits only if they have paid premiums in the past year and meet qualifying and entitlement conditions. Self-employed workers may participate in EI and receive special benefits.

Click HERE for EI Contact information – Individuals

Click HERE for Employment Insurance information for employers

Immigration Refugees Citizenship

Apply to travel, study, work or immigrate to Canada, apply for citizenship, a permanent resident card or refugee protection, check the status of your application or find a form.

Click HERE to learn more about the application, check on your status, or review current processing times.