Provincial and Municipal Government

Provincial Government Responsibility

  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls
  • Birth Certificates, Death Certificates & Marriage Certificates
  • Community Services Office (DCS) Issues
  • Health Cards
  • Health Issues (Department of Health)
  • Highways
  • Housing
  • Licensing issues (Access Nova Scotia)
  • Natural Resources & the Environment
  • NS Disability Support Program (NS Community Services)
  • NS Student Assistance Program (NS Department of Education)
  • Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (WCB)

For assistance with provincial matters, contact your MLA. Below is a list of local MLAs. If you aren’t sure who your MLA is, click here to find out.

Municipal Government Responsibility

  • Animal Control
  • Anniversary, Birthday and Special Event Scrolls
  • By-law Enforcement
  • Land Use Planning
  • Local Public Transportation
  • Local Roads and Snow Removal
  • Noise Complaints
  • Police & Fire Protection
  • Property Taxes
  • Recreation
  • Waste Collection & Recycling
  • Water & Sewer Services

For assistance with municipal matters, please contact your municipal councillor or local office:

Town of Amherst

98 Victoria Street
Amherst, NS
B4H 1X6
Phone: (902) 667-3352

Cumberland Municipality

6 Main Street
Springhill, NS
B0M 1X0
Phone: (902) 597-3751

Town of Stewiacke

295 George Street
Stewiacke, NS
B0N 2J0
Phone: (902) 639-2231

Village of Bible Hill

67 Pictou Road
Bible Hill, NS
B2N 2R9
Phone: 902-893-8083

Town of Oxford

105 Lower Main Street
Oxford, NS
B0M 1P0
Phone: 902-447-2170

Village of Tatamagouche

229 Main Street
Tatamagouche, NS
B0K 1V0
Phone: 902-657-0157

Colchester Municipality

1 Church Street
Truro, NS
B2N 3Z5
Phone: (902) 897-3160

Village of Pugwash

124 Water Street
Pugwash, NS
Phone: 902 243-2946

Town of Truro

695 Prince Street
Truro, NS
B2N 1G5
Phone: (902) 895-4484